How To Make Tires Shine: The Right Way Of Doing It
Shiny tires – this is one thing that we all want to have. It will make your car look as good as new. Over time, as it accumulates dirt and dust, its appearance will also be negatively affected. Shine will be inevitably lost. At one point, you will be left wondering about how to make tires shine.
For some people, the best solution is to go to the nearest auto detailing shop and ask for help from the pros. Do you know that you can also do it on your own? Read this guide and we will let you know.
Make Your Own Tire Shine
There are many commercial products with bold promises. Many manufacturers will convince you to buy their products and will resort into aggressive marketing just to promote what is it that they are selling. These products can also be expensive. The good news is that you can make your own version of a tire shine. To do this, here are the materials that you will need:
- Mild soap
- Non-lint cloth
- Castor oil
- Borax and lemon oil. Let's find the best motorcycle oil if you are looking for it.
Once you have gathered the materials that are necessary, here are the simple steps that you should follow:
- 1- In a bucket that is filled with warm water, mix dish soap until the solution starts to form bubbles.
- 2- Wet the tires using this solution and scrub it off using a hard brush. The brush should be strong enough to easily tackle even mud or dirt that has possibly hardened.
- 3- Spraying the tire with full-strength alcohol can also be an effective solution to restore its shine. If most of the old polish of the car has already been stripped off, you can combine distilled alcohol with water. Put it in a spray bottle and spray it all over a clean tire. Once done, wipe it off with a clean towel and allow it to dry.
- 4- Once you are done cleaning the tires, you can also consider spraying it with castor oil. This is a multipurpose household item that can also be highly effective in making tires shiny. Just apply it on the tires and wipe it using a lint-free cloth.
- 5- Borax and lemon oil, two of the most common items you can find in the kitchen, can also be effective in making tires shiny. To create your natural cleaning solution, combine one teaspoon of lemon, ¼ cup of borax, two tablespoons of mild soap, and two gallons of warm water. Apply it on the tires and scrub using a brush with hard bristle, paying attention to where there is a high concentration of dirt. Rinse it with water and finish by wiping it with a clean cloth.
- 6- Different oils in the kitchen can also offer the perfect alternative for a car shine. Olive and canola oil are two of the best choices. If you have a nonstick cooking spray, you can also apply this on the surface of the car after thorough washing. There are even some who used peanut butter and mayonnaise to make their tire shine.
There are many store-bought products that can be equally impressive when it comes to restoring the shine of your car. Among others, spray-on is a popular choice. They are packaged in a can with a nozzle on the top. All that you have to do is direct the nozzle on the tire and spray liberally. You can let it dry on its own or dry it with a clean cloth, depending on the specific product that you are using.
If you want the shine to last longer, on the other hand, consider gels. One of their benefits is that they retain on the surface even if it rains. Many gels have an included applicator. In the case of others, meanwhile, you need to use a sponge or clean cloth to spread gel on the tire.
Like spray-on, foam is also packaged in a can with the nozzle. It is like a shaving cream. Once it is sprayed on the tire, it forms white bubbles.
If you are buying products that are commercially available, make sure that it is safe for your tire. Read reviews to learn from the experiences of other people. Some of these products can cause discoloration, which is also the reason why many people would rather resort to natural alternatives.
To complete the shine of your tires, make sure to also pay attention to shining the rims. In this case, here are some of the materials that you will need:
- Microfiber cloth
- Metal polisher
Here’s how you can do it:
- 1- Start with the use of Windex. After cleaning the rims, preferably with mild soap and water. Spray Windex on the rims. Rub it with a microfiber cloth until it dries. Spray with water.
- 2- You can also buy a metal polisher. Once the rims are cleaned, simply apply the metal polisher on cloth and rub it on the rims.
The next time you want your tires to look seamless and shiny, just pay attention to the things that we have discussed above. You do not need to pay a pro to do the job for you. With the basic materials, including those that have been mentioned below, you will be happy with the results. Pay attention to the steps that we have mentioned above on how to make tires shine. We are sure that it will be effective. We have tried it several times and it never failed us!